A very convenient way to invest with Bank of the Philippine Island’s UITFs is by subscribing to the BPI Regular Subscription Plan (RSP). The BPI Regular Subsciption Plan is an investment strategy designed for investors to easily build-up their investment funds by contributing a regular amount on a periodic basis by auto debit means from the investor’s settlement account. This regular contribution will be used to purchase units to be added to your units of participation of your investment fund.
Having your BPI and Odyssey Investment Funds enrolled in the Regular Subscription Plan will leverage you through several advantages as follows:
- It will allow you to average your acquisition cost thereby limiting the risks resulting in higher investment returns at long term. It is the same strategy with Peso Cost Averaging.
- Investment is convenient and automatic since you don’t need to go to your bank to add additional contributions since it is programmed depending on the date you have chosen as your contribution date.
- The small monthly contribution makes investing affordable and easy in your budget.
- You have control over the amount that you will invest and the date when it will be debited from your settlement account.
To avail of BPI’s Regular Subscription Program, you need to have first a UITF investment fund. To have your BPI investment funds, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open a deposit bank account with Bank of Philippine Islands or BPI Family Bank. Declare this account as your settlement account later for your BPI UITF investments.
- Enroll your BPI deposit account for BPI Express Online internet banking facility. You will use this later for your online banking and investment transactions.
- Open your UITF investment account. You can choose from the different BPI or BPI Odyssey trust funds.
- Fund your UITF investment at least the minimum amount required by the bank.
- Once your UITF Investment fund was confirmed, you can enroll it immediately for activation of the BPI Regular Subscription Plan.
Upon enrollment of your fund with BPI Regular Subscription Plan, you are required to make an initial RSP contribution. Without the initial RSP contribution, your succeeding RSP contributions will not be activated. All peso dominated UITF funds have a minimum initial RSP amount of P10,000 pesos.
Through your local bank, you can request for RSP activation of your UITF investment.
You can also go through the following steps using your BPI Express Online internet banking facility, provided that you have already enrolled your UITF investments with BPI Express Online.
- Log in to your BPI Express Online account.
- From the menu bar, point your mouse to “Investments”, select “Unit Investment Trust Funds”, then “Subscribe” and finally clicking “Regular Subscription Plan”.
- Select your UITF Investment Account.
- The funds under this account will appear. Click “Continue”.
- Choose the fund you wanted to enroll for the RSP by ticking the radio button on its left. Don’t forget to review the risk disclosure and other details of the fund.
- Tick the box on the lower-left part of the screen to confirm that you read the Risk Disclosure.
- Click on “RSP Setup” box.
- On the next screen, provide your Initial Order Amount, your Subsequent Contribution Amount, the frequency of your regular contribution either monthly or quarterly, the start date and end date of your RSP contributions.
- Tick the box to agree to the terms and conditions of your Regular Subscription Plan.
- Enter your BPI Express Online password and click “Proceed” to complete your Regular Subscription Plan enrollment.
- A confirmation page of your Regular Subscription Plan will appear in the display.
- An email confirmation will also be sent to the email address you registered when you subscribe for your BPI Express Online.